Requirements for Bahamas and US Customs 2021
Beginning January 26th 2021
- Negative test for all air passengers returning to US (commercial and private)
- Rapid Antigen tests we have here at GTC Clinic permitted by CDC guidelines
- Persons 2 years old and older are required by US to be tested
- Proof of vaccination does not exclude you from testing requirements
- Test must be taken within 72 hours of arriving to the US
- This is NOT required to those traveling by boat
- The cost of this test is $20-$22
- Results are emailed to you within the hour
*Reminder, if you are visiting the Bahamas from the US, you are required by Bahamian law to get a rapid test on day 5 of your arrival. This test can also be used to return to the US. Therefore, if you travel here for 5-7 nights long, you will not be required an additional test.
- No more quarantine
- Negative PCR test within 5 days of arrival
- Rapid antigen test on day 5 of your visit, available at GTC Clinic
- Cost of travel visa is $40 if you stay 4 nights, and $60 to stay longer than 4 nights
- Children under 10 do not need testing and their travel visas are free
- Below are the procedures currently required by the Government of The Commonwealth of The Bahamas for the entering the country. We will continue to add details as they are announced.
Beginning 1st November, The Bahamas will remove the mandatory “Vacation in Place” or quarantine requirement for all visitors, returning citizens and residents thereby, enabling everyone to move about and explore the destination beyond the confines of their hotel or other accommodations.
Also effective Sunday 1st November, all incoming visitors must present a COVID-19 RT-PCR Negative (Swab) Test upon arrival been taken no later than five (5) days from the date of arrival in The Bahamas.
(We have used Access Medical Labs out of south Florida which each time has provided results within 24 hours. Contact: email@example.com Phone: 8667208386 or 5614278707. You MUST have advanced appointment scheduled. You can also look up test sites near you on https://my.castlighthealth.com/corona-virus-testing-sites/ )
Once in possession of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test, all travelers will then be required to apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs (click on the International Tab) where the required test must be uploaded.
The fees for the Bahamas Health Travel Visa, inclusive of Day 5 Rapid Antigen Test and mandatory health insurance, are as follows:
- $40 Visitors staying up to four nights and five days
- $40 Citizens and returning residents
- $60 Visitors staying more than 4 nights
- Free for children 10 years and younger
In addition, and to ensure that travelers remain COVID free, a rapid antigen test will be conducted in four days / five nights (96 hours) after arrival in The Bahamas. The rapid tests are easy, quick and will yield results in 60 minutes or less with results being provided electronically. Visitors departing on Day Five will not be required to obtain this test. We have secured these tests for you and will have them available at the Green Turtle Cay clinic to be administered by our nurse. *You must have your advanced reservations so we can guarantee this is available to you*
If your rapid antigen test is positive while visiting here, you will have additional testing, for example another rapid antigen test or another PCR test. If those results are positive, yet you display no symptoms you will be asked to self quarantine. If you display any symptoms you will be medivac-ed home with the costs covered by your travel health visa insurance.
Select individuals will be exempt from testing,
Children under the age of ten (10). Parent or guardian must provide proof of testing restriction upon arrival.
Private pilots who do not deplane
If you have ANY travel questions at all, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Phone : 1-443-912-5839 or 1-242-816-0625