Bahamas Resort Weddings, Family Reunions and Fun Group Getaways are our specialty at The Green Turtle Club
Dreaming of a Bahamas wedding? Looking for a wedding beach resort for your island honeymoon? Begin your new life together with a Bahama wedding amidst the tropical elegance of The Green Turtle Club. You will be sure to love the natural beauty and relaxed way of life on Green Turtle Cay.
Whether you choose to be married on the beach at sunset, or by the harbor’s edge, there are many beautiful scenes on Green Turtle Cay that will create the perfect wedding. Relax and enjoy with your friends and family all that The Green Turtle Club has to offer while we do all the work for your perfect day. Our wedding packages are sure to fulfill all of your wedding dreams. A reception at The Club can vary from a Bahamian seafood buffet in our harborside patio dining room, or a gourmet sit-down dinner in our candlelit dining room.
Love is sure to always follow you after saying your vows on Green Turtle Cay — after all, we were rated as one of “The Best Romantic Hotels and Resorts” by Frommer’s Bahamas 2007! Call our toll free line, 1-866-528-0539 to speak with our events coordinator.
- Marriage license (we will arrange for your appointment and pay for the license).
- Marriage ceremony performed by a licensed marriage officer of The Bahamas.
- Your choice of several flowers and decorations for your wedding area.
- Use of our facilities for the ceremony, reception and photos (including wedding arch and benches).
- Wedding cake for up to 8 people. (This can be supplemented for a larger, more elaborate cake).
- Bridal bouquet and groom’s boutonniere.
- Assistance with booking a professional photographer and preferred rates for photographer. Photographer’s services are less expensive for weddings Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Hors d’oeuvres after the wedding for 6 to 8 people. (This can be supplemented).
- Bottle of champagne.
- Wedding coordinator to assist with all arrangements from providing witnesses (if it’s just the two of you) to live entertainment, additional floral decorations, ordering, receiving, setting up the wedding cake, meeting with the Island Administrator to obtain your license, bonfire on the beach, and anything else that you have dreamed of for your special day.
Bahamas Wedding Facts
- The Bahamas Law states that the couple must be resident in The Bahamas for 24 hours prior to the date of the application.
- A Bahamian-issued marriage license is valid for 90 days for those seeking early application. You can write to the Registrar General prior to your arrival at: P.O. Box H-5553, Nassau, Bahamas. You can also fax to 242-322-5553, or visit the local Government Administrator’s Office on Green Turtle Cay to obtain a marriage license.
- If either party has been divorced, the original final decree or a certified copy (with a raised or colored seal) must be produced. For European residents, the original decree or a certified copy (with a raised or colored seal) must be produced in the native language along with a translated certified or notarized copy in English.
- If either party is widowed, the death certificate of the deceased spouse must be produced.
- The parties must produce passports along with immigration forms that are given at the time of entry into The Bahamas.
- No blood test is necessary.
- The fee for the marriage license is included in your package from The Green Turtle Club.